Sunday Morning Foundation Programme
- Increase your personal insight, wisdom, and experience of dharma
- Study and meditate more effectively following a specially – designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- Have the opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Get support and friendship from like-minded people
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life
By making a commitment to the course, students are able to give their spiritual life the time and attention it deserves. This is especially appreciated by students who have spent years trying to study without this discipline.
The Sunday Morning Foundation Programme at Akanishta Centre is taught by Resident Teacher, Kelsang Öpel and runs from 9 am – 12.30pm.
How can I find out more?
Begin by attending a few Weekly Meditation drop-in classes. If you enjoy consistent attendance at GP classes you can enroll to join FP at any time. A taster month enrollment may be a good place to start, to experience the class format and the practicalities of weekly attendance.
If you would like to find out more about the Foundation Programme please contact email@example.com
The text being studied is How to Understand the Mind. We often say, “My mind, my mind, but if someone were to ask us, What is your mind. We would have no correct answer. This is because we do not understand the nature and function of the mind correctly.” Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
FP students subscribe to a monthly Centre Card for Foundation Programme classes. This also gives free access to all other evening classes and weekend courses organised by Akanishta Centre. This monthly amount contributes towards the running of the charity, suggested amount is £36 or £24 Concession.