- Increase your personal insight, wisdom and experience of dharma
- Study and meditate more effectively following a specially – designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- Have the opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Get support and friendship from like-minded people
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life
By making a commitment to the course, students are able to give their spiritual life the time and attention it deserves. This is especially appreciated by students who have spent years trying to study without this discipline.
The Wednesday Evening Foundation Programme at Akanishta Centre is taught by Resident Teacher, Kelsang Öpel and runs from 6 pm – 9.30pm.
By studying Joyful Path of Good Fortune
We gain the ability to put all Buddha’s teachings into practice. We can easily make progress, and complete the stages of the path to the supreme happiness of enlightenment. From a practical point of view, Lamrim teachings are the main body of Buddha’s teachings, and the other teachings are like its limbs.
How can I find out more?
Begin by attending a few Weekly Meditation drop-in classes. If you enjoy consistent attendance at GP classes you can enroll to join FP at any time. A taster month enrollment may be a good place to start, to experience the class format and the practicalities of weekly attendance.
If you would like to find out more about the Foundation Programme please contact email@example.com
FP students subscribe to a monthly Centre Card for Foundation Programme classes and any evening classes and weekend courses organised by Akanishta Centre. This monthly amount contributes towards the running of the charity, suggested amount is £36 or (£24Conc).